Twapake is a system administration utility for Slackware and Slackware based operating systems only, making easier the management of last installed packages and making easier seeing the installation date of a package.
- Print a simple list of N packages sorted by installed date to STDOUT.
- Print a snapshot logfile to the /var/log/twapake/ directory. A snapshot is a list of all packages sorted by installed date at T time. The installed date is printed too, making easier to see when a package has been installed on your system.
- Remove the last N installed packages.
- Print the packages installed since a choosen date
- Launch a Curses User Interface for an easy removal
Sources tarballs and Slackware packages can be found there: http://people.salixos.org/fredg/packages/twapake/
The source code is also available through Github. You can get it with:
$ git clone ssh://email@example.com:fredg/twapake.git
- make a daily snapshot log of installed packages with the help of a cron job. If you are getting into troubles, it will be easy to see which new packages have been installed since time T.
- easier to see what been installed and what have to be remove. If you like testing a lot off packages, some of them making you install a bunch of extra libs. You can print a twapake snapshot before and after your testing party. The difference will give you the list of what you have to remove to retrieve a clean system.
- easier to see and/or remove the last N installed packages.
- What is a twapkake snapshot (twapake --logfile)
It's a file /var/log/twapake/$date_twapake.log
Twapake snapshot on Thu Feb 17 04:40:49 2011 =========================================================================== Installed dates Packages (total: 793) ------------------------ ---------------------------------------- Mon Feb 14 19:58:22 2011 salixtools-gtk-1.2.0-noarch-1gv Mon Feb 14 19:58:20 2011 salixtools-1.5.0-noarch-1gv Mon Feb 14 19:58:19 2011 depfinder-1.3.8-x86_64-1gv Sun Feb 13 19:46:30 2011 libetpan-1.0-x86_64-1tm Sun Feb 13 19:46:30 2011 claws-mail-3.7.8-x86_64-2tm Sun Feb 13 19:07:07 2011 libmatroska-1.0.0-x86_64-1gv Sun Feb 13 19:07:07 2011 vlc-1.1.7-x86_64-1tm Sun Feb 13 19:07:07 2011 libebml-1.0.0-x86_64-1gv Sun Feb 13 19:07:06 2011 libdvbpsi-0.1.7-x86_64-1tm Sun Feb 13 14:49:04 2011 etm-702-x86_64-1fg Sun Feb 13 14:34:34 2011 wxPython-22.214.171.124-x86_64-1ab Sun Feb 13 14:28:17 2011 slapt-update-service-0.5.0b-x86_64-2gv Sun Feb 13 14:28:09 2011 ... ... .. .
- For a less detailed list (twapake -i)
salixtools-gtk-1.2.0-noarch-1gv salixtools-1.5.0-noarch-1gv depfinder-1.3.8-x86_64-1gv libetpan-1.0-x86_64-1tm claws-mail-3.7.8-x86_64-2tm libmatroska-1.0.0-x86_64-1gv vlc-1.1.7-x86_64-1tm libebml-1.0.0-x86_64-1gv libdvbpsi-0.1.7-x86_64-1tm etm-702-x86_64-1fg ... .. .
- To see the last 5 installed packages :
# twapake -i -n 5
- To remove the last 5 installed packages :
# twapake -r -n 5
- To show the packages installed since the 2011-05-25
# twapake -s -c 2011-05-25
- To read the man page
# man twapake